A Family Business 50+ Years and Still Growing
- Harry “HB” Blaschko relocated from Le Center (MN) to Arcadia (WI) to purchase the local newspaper (the Arcadia News-Leader) and print for a local school supply firm (School Form and Supply Company).
- Harry bought out his original partners Albert and Elsie Gauger. The company would continue to print products for School Form and Supply Company.
- Harry began a division named Supreme School Supply Company. As the company continued to grow, Harry expanded his operation into five different buildings in downtown Arcadia.
- Harry moved the operation to the current 50,000 sq. ft. headquarters in the newly formed Arcadia Industrial Park.
- The remaining assets of School Form and Supply Company were purchased by Blaschko Enterprises, Inc.
- Because of the growing demand for full-color commercial print work, Harry began a division called Supreme Graphics. It was an excellent fit because of the already well-equipped press room and bindery producing products for the Supreme School Supply division.
- Harry turned ownership over to his three sons Chuck, Jim, and Al. Chuck would assume the role of CEO.
- We noticed the industry was changing and customers were in need of short-run full-color printing that could be turned around quickly. With that in mind, we purchased our first Xerox DocuColor 12 digital printer.
- We installed our first Direct-To-Plate device to speed up our pre-press process and improve quality.
- In celebration of our 50th Anniversary, we made a move to greatly enhance our high-quality print production with the addition of a new 6-color 23x29 printing press
with Aqueous and UV coating capabilities. We also upgraded our digital printing department with a new Xerox DocuColor 6060
digital printing press.
- We expanded our online presence by implementing a state-of-the-art website with Web-To-Print capabilities. Also during this time, Supreme Graphics received it's first of many Graphics Excellence Awards through the Printing Industries of Wisconsin.
- We entered the Large Format Printing market with the addition of a 63" Solvent Inkjet printer (Mimaki JV3).
- We added our second 63" Solvent Inkjet printer (Mimaki JV33).
- The economy went into a deep recession but that didn't slow us down. We continued to build for the future by installing our largest press to date, a 28"x40" Heidelberg SM52.
- The economy is coming out of a recession and we weathered the storm. To continue building on our large format success, we installed a UV flatbed printer (Mimaki JF-1631) capable of printing directly onto 5'x10' sheets of rigid material.
- The year began with change. At the end of 2010, the decision was made to sell the weekly newspaper division (Arcadia News-Leader) to allow it to merge with other local newspapers into a county-wide newspaper called The Trempealeau County Times. The newspaper division was a small segment of our overall business and the commercial printing side of the business continues to grow.
Over fifty years later Blaschko Enterprises, Inc., now under it’s second generation of ownership, includes Supreme School Supply, Supreme Graphics, and a retail Office Supply division. Today the company employs approximately 55 full-time employees. Sales are active on a national level.
We appreciate your continued business!
-Chuck Blaschko, CEO